We understand the skills required and recognise the different needs salons have. Our aim is to successfully match the right apprentice to the right salon for you and for them. We interview and get to know our learners straight away so we can be confident they are on the best course to allow them to achieve their potential.
We try our best to be flexible; we will work together with you and your apprentice to find the best time for them to come into college which fits around the needs of your salon. We will keep you up to date with the progress of your students and alert you of any important changes in funding or structure that may affect your business.
Our training salon has grown very successful in both hairdressing and barbering which means our learners get to practice their skills on clients rather than training dolls and from the outset they get exposure to a busy and fast-paced environment.
- If you employ fewer than 50 members of staff and your apprentice is aged 16-18, the course will be 100% funded by the government.
- If your apprentice is 19+ you are required to contribute 5% of the overall training costs.
- If your apprentice did not obtain their Maths and English GCSE’s at school they are required to study towards Functional Skills qualifications alongside their apprenticeship. This may mean they need to attend college twice a week.
- Your apprentice is allowed to work up to 40 hours a week; this includes any hours spent at college.
- You are required to pay your apprentice the current apprentice wage set by the government.
- Most of our apprenticeships will take 24 months to complete, unless other prior learning has been completed
- Traineeship courses can vary in length depending on the learner.