Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
Duration: 9 – 11 months
Entry Requirements: No Experience Needed!
The VTCT Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering is an internationally recognised barbering qualification. You will learn and develop the skills and knowledge you need to successfully start your barbering career. You will attend weekly training sessions at either our Huddersfield or Leeds academy where you will work on real clients every week to quickly develop the skills you need to have a successful career as a barber.
You will develop the skills and knowledge to:
- Health and Safety - You will be able to work safely as a barber and be able to understand and adhere to all of the relevant legislation that impacts on our sector
- Consultation - Conduct in-depth consultations to identify the client's wishes and any factors that need to be taken into account when planning a barbering service
- Shampoo and Condition - You will be able to identify a client’s hair type and characteristics and use this information to select, recommend and apply the correct shampoo and conditioning products using professional massage techniques.
- Cutting Men's Hair - You will develop the core techniques, including fading, tapering and texturising, utilising the full range of barbering equipment available to be able to cut a wide range of modern and traditional men's haircuts. You will be able to consistently cut hair to a commercial standard and within commercially viable time limits.
- Cutting Men's Facial Hair - You will be able to assess your client's facial hair possibilities and design and create facial hair shapes to suit your clients face and style.
- Style and Finish Men's Hair - You will have in-depth knowledge of the different men's hair products available and be able to recommend and use them effectively to style men's hair. You will be able to style men's hair to a commercially viable standard using the full range of tools and techniques.
- Shaving - You will be able to prepare for a complete a shaving services using a cut-throat razor and shaving cream. You will develop a thorough knowledge of the different shaving products and the massage techniques used to apply them. “
Overview of course:
- Shampoo & Condition the hair and scalp
- Style & Finish Men’s Hair
- Scissor Cutting
- Clipper Cutting & Fades
- Introduction to shaving
Course Start Dates: September 2022
Attendance: Mondays 2pm- 8pm (Term-Time only)
Locations: Leeds City Centre