Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing (QCF)
Duration: 12 months
Entry Requirements: Level 2 Hairdressing
The VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing qualification is an internationally recognised hairdressing qualification that will provide you with the knowledge, skills and understanding to be a creative hairdresser/stylist.
You will develop the skills and knowledge to:
- Creatively style and dress hair – You will be able to use a range of styling and dressing techniques to produce innovative, fashionable, creative and personalised looks, incorporating accessories and added hair.
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques – You will learn to use advanced cutting techniques and skills to assist you to product personalised and individual hair-cuts for your clients.
- Creatively colour and lighten hair – You will develop skills that allows you to be creative in your colouring and personalise, creative techniques with confidence and skill.
- Provide client consultation services – You will be able to conduct in-depth, comprehensive consultation with all clients, gathering key information and testing to successfully achieve the correct service programme and planned outcome and after-carefor clients.
The optional section of this qualification allows you to choose specialist units you would like to study, depending upon your chosen career pathway as a hairdresser/stylist and includes;
- Fulfil salon reception duties,
- Provide a variety of relaxing services,
- Hair colour correction services,
- Provide creative hair extension services,
- Create a variety of permed effects,
- Develop, enhance and evaluate your creative hairdressing skills,
- Provide specialist hair and scalp treatments,
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of promotional activities,
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business,
- Cut men’s hairstyles.
On successful completion of this qualification you will be in a position to apply for employment as a hairdresser/stylist, move on to the Assessors Award or Introduction into teaching.
Payments can be personally funded or funded via the Advanced Learning Loan offered by Student Loans Company: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan